[sword-devel] Coverity Scan

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 16:52:20 MST 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-16 at 11:07 +0200, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> On 16.02.2015 10:55, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> > Has it changed much since this blog has been written?
> >
> > http://blog.josefsson.org/2007/04/02/boycott-scancoveritycom/
>
> Well, judge for yourself:
>   https://scan.coverity.com/policy
>   http://www.coverity.com/terms-of-use/

"By sending Coverity any information or material, you grant Coverity an
unrestricted, irrevocable license to copy, reproduce, publish, upload,
post, transmit, distribute, publicly display, perform, modify, create
derivative works from, and otherwise freely use, those materials or
information. You also agree that Coverity is free to use any ideas,
concepts, know-how, or techniques that you send us for any purpose. "

Personally I would say - no thanks - this request for rights is way OTT.

Practically speaking we would not be allowed to do so without agreement
of all contributors, unless copyrights are assigned.

I would also think that Bibletime is in a similar position - unless you
have asked all current and past contributors and copyright holders you
can not run the scan.

Peter