[sword-devel] Versification discovery? [Was: Re: French versifications, was Re: FreJND and HebDelitzsch released]

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:16:38 MST 2015

So what that's telling you is that your module has a strict subset of
all of those versioning schemes. "Your file has no extra references"
means that there are no attributes named "osisID" that exist in your
module that do not exist in the specified versification system. That
it reports such for ALL of the versification schemes seems a little
bit suspect, but it could be possible (only if the module is purely
OT-only, which a brief glance through your file reveals is not the
case).

The lines complaining about EXTRA references are because my script
non-discriminately slurps up ALL tags that have any attribute osisID.
So it's gobbling up all of your notes as well, which are not going to
be found in a versification scheme anywhere because of the !o372 type
of additions. To clean that up, let's have you change line 52 in your
branch to
ids = d("verse[osisID]")
That should limit it to only picking up "verse" elements instead of
ALL elements.

Outside of that, I can't see what you've changed in the script because
you managed to change just about every single line in your zeal to
achieve PEP-8 compliance so I can't begin to comment on whether the
problems are with my original logic or with your changes.

--Greg