[sword-devel] Packages .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Oct 16 03:05:09 MST 2014

Hi there ....  I have just bought a new netbook and have installed
Ubuntu 14.10 on it.  I installed BibleTime using apt-get.  The text
display has to be seen to be believed.  At the start of each verse there
is a string of (unicode?) characters.  I have been watching the Debian
packaging list and noticed that almost all submitted packages have been
rejected mostly because of Lintian errors.

For my own part, I'll build and install on the new computer, but the
current state of play does bother me.  Existing Debian packages were
broken, but Ubuntu still works, though badly.  I may be able to find
time this Winter to try to do something but am not promising. Anyone
know what's happening at the moment?

God bless,        Barry.