[sword-devel] Sword Python bindings for Windows - SUCCESS

R Johnson ps16thypresenceisfullnessofjoy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:32:15 MST 2014

Yay! I finally got the Sword Python bindings for Windows built tonight.
Like Ben said, I just needed to define the macro SWUSINGDLL and it all
worked. Thanks to everyone (especially Greg Hellings and the Morgan
brothers) who helped me along the way.

I still have a long way to go, as now I need to learn how to use the
Sword module. But after having tried (sporadically) to build the
bindings for five months (and having wanted to do it for several months
before that), I'm excited to have finally gotten it to work.

For the benefit of others (particularly the Morgan brothers when they
want to build Sword 1.7 bindings for BPBible), I guess I should create a
CrossWire wiki account and write an article explaining how I was able to
build the Python bindings for Windows. When I went to do that, I noticed
that the "Terms of Service" link is broken. Could this please be fixed?

-- Timothy