[sword-devel] Packaging ....

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:34:33 MST 2014

On 03/28/2014 04:26 PM, Barry Drake wrote:
> On 28/03/14 21:00, Israel wrote:
>> It says compat levels before 5 are deprecated, you are using 1.
>> So check your compat file and change it from 1 to 9 (the current
>> version)
>> The entire file is simply one number. You might as well change the
>> control file standards to the current one (or you will get lintian
>> errors) 3.9.5 (if I remember) hopefully that helps
>
> Thanks.  I've done that, and the compat warning has gone, but I still
> get:
> dpkg-source: info: building sword in sword_1.7.2+dfsg.dsc
>  debian/rules build
> dh build
>    dh_testdir
>    debian/rules override_dh_auto_build
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/sword-1.7.2+dfsg'
> dh_auto_build -Scmake --parallel
> dh_auto_build: error: unable to chdir to obj-i686-linux-gnu
> make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_build] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/sword-1.7.2+dfsg'
> make: *** [build] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> E: Failed autobuilding of package
>
> I'm sure there must be a file somwhere that makes pdbuild use a
> different directory, but I can't find it so far.
>
> God bless,        Barry

Your rules file has some problems with it.
You will need to look more into packaging, believe me it is not a simple
thing to untangle old rules files without understanding what all the
debhelper things do.

a simple rules file like this might work.. though I am not making your
package, so there are many things you will have to take into account and
learn about before trying to fix everything.

#!/usr/bin/make -f

DH_CMAKE_BUILD_DIR=obj    -${DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE}
DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)

%:
     dh $@ --buildsystem cmake

override_dh_auto_configure:
     dh_auto_configure -- -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)

You will need to amend your depends to use dh9.  Without looking at your
debian folder I cannot really tell you much more than that.
Do you have a branch on launchpad.  It would be helpful to post a link
to your source code in order for anyone else to be able to help you....
Of course I do not know what the cmake script is either, so my rules
file may be useless to you.
I*highly* suggest reading more about packaging, as it is very
complicated unless you understand what is going on.
Debian has a mentoring program as well.  It may be a good idea to try to
package something simple first as a test.

--
Regards