[sword-devel] Packaging ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 28 14:26:12 MST 2014

On 28/03/14 21:00, Israel wrote:
> It says compat levels before 5 are deprecated, you are using 1.
> So check your compat file and change it from 1 to 9 (the current version)
> The entire file is simply one number. You might as well change the
> control file standards to the current one (or you will get lintian
> errors) 3.9.5 (if I remember) hopefully that helps

Thanks.  I've done that, and the compat warning has gone, but I still get:
dpkg-source: info: building sword in sword_1.7.2+dfsg.dsc
  debian/rules build
dh build
    dh_testdir
    debian/rules override_dh_auto_build
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/sword-1.7.2+dfsg'
dh_auto_build -Scmake --parallel
dh_auto_build: error: unable to chdir to obj-i686-linux-gnu
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/sword-1.7.2+dfsg'
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package

I'm sure there must be a file somwhere that makes pdbuild use a
different directory, but I can't find it so far.

God bless,        Barry