[sword-devel] A call for Python programmers ...

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Dec 29 10:27:20 MST 2014

On 29/12/14 16:43, DM Smith wrote:
> Python is a pretty easy language for a programmer to learn. I’ve read a book on how to program in it. There’s a nice tutorial on the python website. But I’ve not done any serious programming in python. Just maintenance and debugging.
Thanks for pointing me towards the newer Python script.  Actually, a
couple of years ago I started learning Python with a view to teaching
the kids at the local school in an after-school club.  It never
happened, but I did make a start.  I even bought a book - but it is very
kids-and-games oriented.  The entire book doesn't mention the re class
at all, so I'll look at that online.

I didn't find the reliance on indentation particularly annoying - I seem
to remember getting an editor that helped with that.  I'll do a bit of
studying and see where it leaves me.  Thanks again.

Regards,        Barry.