[sword-devel] A call for Python programmers ...

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Dec 29 09:43:25 MST 2014

Python is a pretty easy language for a programmer to learn. I’ve read a book on how to program in it. There’s a nice tutorial on the python website. But I’ve not done any serious programming in python. Just maintenance and debugging.

The only thing I found bothersome was the strict use of indentation for defining blocks.

Basically, in C a block is either a single statement or a set of statements surrounded by { and }.

In many languages blocks are set off by keywords.
if cond
then
stmts
else
stmts
fi

Not so in python. It is solely indicated by indentation. A change in indentation means a new block is started or an old block is continued.

I’d imagine an editor that is python aware would be a help.

In Him,
	DM