[sword-devel] Alternate Versifications

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 09:19:51 MST 2014

Chris Little commented here in an issue for the FreSegond module

http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-280

We should switch to Wikisource's edition, possibly using it as a basis for a
new versification system:
https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible_Segond_1910

---------------

In the Wikisource edition, Psalm 136 begins:

Louez l’Éternel, car il est bon, car sa miséricorde dure à toujours !

In other words, our VulSearch based module has the wrong v11n for the Segond
1910 Version.

i.e. French users who replied to Martin are justified in their complaints.

The FreSegond module really ought to be rebuilt using an authentic text
source!

How can we make such bad decisions in the past?
Does no-one check whether a public electronic source has the right v11n
corresponding to the printed edition?

David