[sword-devel] preverse divs

Patrick Zimmermann patrick at zakweb.de
Wed Feb 29 11:23:29 MST 2012

On Wednesday, 29. February 2012 15:29:31 Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> On 02/29/2012 01:21 PM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> > Ok,
> >
> > Just my 2p to the matter:
> >
> > There are several versions of osis2mod about which produce different
> > results.
> >
> > I learned the hard way that other than by adding x-preverse to most
> > titles etc things do NOT work.
>
> Dear Peter,
>
> If you ever find that you need to manually add x-preverse to your OSIS
> text before importing then a bug should be raised either here or in jira
> about what standard OSIS markup doesn't get imported correctly via
> osis2mod.
>
> I realize often you just need to get something to work quickly, but this
> doesn't help us solve the core problem moving forward.
>
> The clear specification is OSIS.  You should never need to add any
> custom tags to your document.  Again, that's the goal in a perfect
> world.  I believe we have somewhere a 'best practices' document for OSIS
> markup which is know to work with osis2mod.

Hello Troy,

Do you know where that 'best practices' document is? I have been eagerly
searching for one in vain some time ago. I thus started my own showcase OSIS
module which produces terrible output for much of the syntax it tries to show.
If there is such a document already, I can gladly throw my miserable approach
away.

Patrick