[sword-devel] preverse divs

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 29 07:29:31 MST 2012

On 02/29/2012 01:21 PM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Just my 2p to the matter:
>
> There are several versions of osis2mod about which produce different results.
>
> I learned the hard way that other than by adding x-preverse to most titles etc things do NOT work.

Dear Peter,

If you ever find that you need to manually add x-preverse to your OSIS
text before importing then a bug should be raised either here or in jira
about what standard OSIS markup doesn't get imported correctly via osis2mod.

I realize often you just need to get something to work quickly, but this
doesn't help us solve the core problem moving forward.

The clear specification is OSIS.  You should never need to add any
custom tags to your document.  Again, that's the goal in a perfect
world.  I believe we have somewhere a 'best practices' document for OSIS
markup which is know to work with osis2mod.  We have about 5 OSIS
tutorials floating around and I'm not sure what state they are all in,
but they should probably be clean up to give you what you ask for below,
'a clear specification to work to'.

http://crosswire.org/osis/tutor.jsp
http://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Tutorial
http://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Bibles