[sword-devel] CrossWire News ain't that new!

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 04:02:44 MST 2012

On 11.2.2012 23:32, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> There's even one dating October 23, 2006. Twice I've written about
> this issue in this mailing list wishing that they'd add news about
> new BibleTime releases... but no avail. I guess they are not kidding.
> :(

And that Android thing? If you want to find on
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/index.jsp about smartphone
front-ends, good luck! Try Google, it works way better.

Also, my current pet-peeve with most free software announcements. See
this one:

> BPBible 0.5.1 released Posted 7:21PM on Sunday, February 12, 2012 by
> Jon Morgan
>
> BPBible 0.5.1 has been released. This is principally a bug-fix
> release. It can be downloaded here.
>
> See here for more details of the changes included.

How can reader of the News page found what exactly BPBible is about?
Would putting it like "BPBible, sword front-end for <foo> containing
<some awesomeness>" be so horribly difficult for the announcement author?

Actually, when going to http://bpbible.com/, I learn that BPBible is
"Flexible Bible Study". Awesome! I have still no clue what the software
is about.

Does it run on Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, my Linux box? Browsing a bit
on the site, it looks like a front-end for Windows (where of course
ignorance of the rest of the universe is assumed ;)), but who will even
go to that website?

Blessings,

Matěj