[sword-devel] Kindle/Nook Format

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:16:39 MST 2012

Quoting Peter "If I or someone in my organization has texts to hand to
Crosswire in epub format and declare them in the care of Crosswire, would
someone at Crosswire consider starting a repo of epub format texts?"

I can't speak officially for Crosswire, but I can volunteer resources to
host your epub formats Peter, since I have resources available to host (I
own some data centres).

I've been playing with how Sword software deals with FTP repositories. I
don't know if I've broached rules in doing this but I did this for two
reasons.  I wanted to get test modules onto my iPad and used the repository
to do that for testing purposes.  I also wanted to provide access to sword
modules to a friend who lives in an environment where 'crosswire' is
filtered.  So I set up a Crosswire/NET/Xiphos/IBT Mirror using the
following details:

Mirror Name: 1XO NET Bible Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /bible/sword
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/bible/sword

Mirror Name: 1XO CrossWire Bible Society Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /crosswire/pub/sword/raw
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/crosswire/pub/sword/raw

Mirror Name: 1XO CrossWire Bible Society (attic) Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /crosswire/pub/sword/atticraw
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/crosswire/pub/sword/atticraw

Mirror Name: 1XO CrossWire Bible Society (av11n) Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /crosswire/pub/sword/raw
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/crosswire/pub/sword/avraw

Mirror Name: 1XO CrossWire Bible Society (Beta) Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /crosswire/pub/sword/betaraw
Zip Directory: /crosswire/pub/sword/betapackages/rawzip
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/crosswire/pub/sword/betaraw

Mirror Name: 1XO CrossWire Bible Society (Xperimental) Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /crosswire/pub/sword/raw
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/crosswire/experimental

Mirror Name: 1XO IBT Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /ibt/pub/modsword/raw
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/ibt/pub/modsword

Mirror Name: 1XO Xiphos Mirror
Mirror Machine Name: ftp.1xo.net
Repository Directory: /xiphos
Link: ftp://ftp.1xo.net/xiphos/

I'll continue running this until or unless someone asks me to stop with the
offer that if anyone else wants to use this mirror for other modules, let
me know. Also, I would be greatly appreciated if people would test this
mirror out by adding them to your Module Managers.

~Andrew