[sword-devel] Kindle/Nook Format

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Apr 13 00:24:57 MST 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 15:50 -0700, Mike Hart wrote:

> Crosswire in 2004 listed palmbible+ as a crosswire program (today the
> site claims that crosswire has no palm platform program.)

FWIW, the site even then did not claim that Palm software is CrossWire,
but listed it in an admittedly more confusing fashion than it is listed
now.

> Besides a contact offlist, noone has made any statement for or against
> releasing epubs via CrossWire.

Owning a epub reader I can not see a less useful way for studying the
Bible than using epub. The first thing I did was rooting it and
installing And Bible on it to have a decent study tool.

epub appears useless to me as a format for anything other than reading
unidirectionally without any serious referencing forward and backward.

That said, some publishers might indeed be happy for us to produce epubs
too, but I have neither time nor inclination to work in that direction.
If you want to produce a converter say OSIS to ePub or USFM to ePub and
this converter works well, I am sure we could offer epubs to these
publishers for their further use. Whether we would offer them ourselves
for download is another question. I have no opinion on.

Yours

Peter