[sword-devel] Japanese <ruby> annotation

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 18:26:08 MST 2011

Hi Peter,

On 17/03/2011, at 10:06 AM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> Had a look today at the implementation for ruby which is a bit "lingering".
>
> Can someone with knowledge explain to me what exactly is happening with
> that?
> and then?
> Is this anywhere rendered further? Does any frontend deal with it?

PocketSword uses it.  I was fortunate enough to have that code written by Ian before he passed it over to me.  He can read Japanese and so he was very interested in making it work properly.  :)
Of course, PS uses WebKit, as that is what iOS has...  ;)
But, it seems to just work?  I switch on the "OSIS Ruby" global option and then ignore it (I should probably switch it on on a per-module basis if each module supports it, hey!).

If you want to check out the extra CSS that Ian wrote to go with it, take a look at the top of https://bitbucket.org/niccarter/pocketsword/src/8b59fc9eed79/Classes/PSModuleController.mm

BUT, only look if you're not going to yell at me for mixing Obj-C code & CSS code.  :P  yes, I know it's evil, bite me!  ;)

does that answer your questions?

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iPhone Bible Study app
www: http://crosswire.org/pocketsword
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/app/Pocketsword/id341046078
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pocketsword