[sword-devel] pinyin in Chinese sword module

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Oct 1 06:20:56 MST 2010

I know this might not matter much with The SWORD Project for Windows
falling by the wayside and replace by other more active projects being
ported to run on Windows, but...

I believe we have a Chinese -> Pinyin glossary module and we used to
show a demo where you can choose this glossary as your "Primary
Dictionary" in The SWORD Project for Windows preferences, and then you
can turn on mouse over dictionary lookup.

This allows hovering the mouse over any character and getting the
Pinyin.  It lets Microsoft's Rich Edit control decide what it thinks a
'word' is and I believe it mostly chooses a single character for
Chinese, but also might be more logical.

Actually, I don't see the glossary available in our repo any longer,
unless it is named something not obvious to me.

Troy