[sword-devel] pinyin in Chinese sword module

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Oct 1 03:27:42 MST 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 01:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk>

> Peter suggested that the right answer to the "how question" is Ruby
> markup,
> but few of the SWORD front-ends yet support Ruby.

It is probably not hard to add (says the non-programmer) as the basic mechanism would be akin to morphology or strong data (some piece of data attached to a word, for more or less each word). So, I would not see lack of implementation in frontends as a real obstacle to module creation.

Whether it would be good practice to put pin-yin into ruby markers - I am no OSIS expert, but it seems the whole idea of ruby is to guide pronounciation for the less learned...

Peter