[sword-devel] CrossWire lacks a Content Management System

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Mon Nov 8 03:07:49 MST 2010

All,

My first impression, albeit a few years ago, was the same thing. I found it
particularly hard to find my way around things. By chance I managed to
stumble across the Jira instance, but then lost it again when I was wanting
to see how much activity was happening. So whether a CMS or some other
solution is the best answer, I don't know. What would be good though

Just one example, try and find the page for JSword from  the home page. I
have just tried and haven't really been that successful. Also, the
"Developers" page http://crosswire.org/sword/develop/index.jsp encourages
you to click on a link, which takes you nowhere (i.e. to the same page). As
a result, you start wondering where the information is, or whether the link
is a broken link.

I'm not sure we want to ditch the whole lot, as there are a lot of good
things there, but it might make sense to revist the nagivation a bit and
maybe introduce a site map?

Chris