[sword-devel] Solved for me - was : osis2mod bug

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 03:06:51 MST 2010

Windows error reporting can be disabled, as described, but the point I was
perhaps not making clearly enough is that it must be only certain types of
error in osis2mod.exe that triggered the error reporting at the OS level.

Only 10% of the books in the Tedim OSIS files led to such a condition.

By examining the standard output from osis2mod.exe in tandem with observing
what Windows does, it ought to be possible to home in to exactly which types
of OSIS error lead to the system error from the osis2mod program.

I already captured the standard output to a log file, and I can easily run
it again and mark each point where the Windows error reporting occurred.

If the programmers are keen enough to solve such issues, it should lead to a
more robust utility.

David