[sword-devel] Sharing was Re: Welsh Bible from beibl.net

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 20 19:25:19 MST 2009

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> Daniel Glassey wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>>> xiphos is getting translated into Welsh.
>> Bit late in my reply and that's nice but (and I haven't looked to see
>> if it has been done already) it would be helpful if translators could
>> translate the book names (sword 'locales') and some other apps as
>> well.
>
> Welsh locales - done. Ages ago :-)
>
> re other applications - I think that this is largely a matter of need.
> It is hard work and you translate only what you see use for.
>
> I do think though it would be nice if we could come to some increased
> overlap of language of dialogues which would allow re-use of
> translations. Not sure how realistic this is, but it has been mentioned
> from time to time.

Long ago (ca. 2000-2001) when Logos was preparing to release the first
version of Series X, they had a very nice web app that would allow
people to pick a language and then input the localized version of all of
the Bible book names.

I think it would be great (and a nice project for any of you more
inclined to working on web apps) if we could do the same and extend it
to cover the localizable Sword & front end strings.

--Chris