[sword-devel] FireBible 0.8.5 released

Brian Fernandes infernalproteus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 09:12:26 MST 2009

I just released FireBible 0.8.5, primarily because a couple of users
pointed out it would not work correctly in regions for which a JSword
localization was available. Both the Bible toolbar and search would
produce invalid URLs and nothing but a big fat stack trace would show
up. This was due to the fact that I was using local book names to create
URLs (which could be invalid URL characters in Bulgaria for instance),
so I've now switched to OSIS IDs instead.

I also finished adding some support for Map and Image modules.

A few verse display preferences (just like those in BibleDesktop) have
been added to the View > FireBible menu.

If you already have FireBible installed, simply go to Tools > Add-ons
and click Find Updates to find the FireBible update.

See blog post here: http://thegoan.com/blog/firebible-085-released/
or FireBible: http://thegoan.com/firebible

No commentary support yet as there wasn't enough time, this was only
supposed to be a bug fix release. Feedback appreciated, as always!

Brian.