[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.0.0 released

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Feb 9 08:21:23 MST 2009

We have released Xiphos (née GnomeSword) version 3.

I would summarize what's new and different and cool, but the list is so
long, it's better just to read the release notes.

The single biggest deal is the Windows port.  It has a glitch or two,
and doesn't yet have the good display engine (so we don't generate
pseudointerlinear Strongs/morph), but this is far and away the most
impressive release we've ever had.  And we got it done in 90 days.

Release notes:
  https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=5528&release_id=659746
Download source tarball or win32 binary:
  https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5528&release_id=659746
Linux per-platform binary packages are already being built by the
appropriate responsible people.  I would expect e.g. the Fedora version
to be in their repositories in a day or three.

--karl