[sword-devel] engine profiling

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Jul 22 03:56:32 MST 2008

Hey Karl,

Yeah, it might be nice to have such a utility, but I think I fixed it.

Found this line:

in:
void zVerse::zReadText(char testmt, long start, unsigned short size,
SWBuf &inBuf) {
      if ((size > 0) && cacheBuf && ((unsigned)start < cacheBufSize)) {
  //TODO: optimize this, remove strlen

:)

New numbers with all filters and functionality in place:

[scribe at laptop cmdline]$ time ./outplain KJV > /dev/null
Real	0m8.732s
user	0m8.034s
sys	0m0.578s

[scribe at laptop cmdline]$ time ./search KJV "God love world"
[0=================================50===============================100]
John 3:16
James 2:5
I John 3:1
I John 3:17
I John 4:1
I John 4:9

real	0m3.006s
user	0m2.283s
sys	0m0.572s

I'm very happy with those numbers.  Let's see if we can get svn to
compile on a mobile platform and see how we do for small devices.

	-Troy.