[sword-devel] Releasing application under sword GNU public license

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Sep 19 00:22:59 MST 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, jonathon wrote:
> The GPL requires one to make source code available to people who have
> your program, when/if they request it.

Wrong. GPL v. 2 (which we use) says (in my own words) in section 3: a)
accompany the binary with the source, b) accompany it with written offer
to give the source code to ANY PARTY.

> There is no obligation to provide source code to people who don't have
> your software.

That is not true, see above.

> There is no obligation to provide source code to
> people when they obtain your software.

True, but then you must explicitly give the written offer.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland