[sword-devel] Calvin's Commentaries - new module

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Nov 29 21:38:13 MST 2007

When you feel like it's in a condition for people to test, let me know
and I will put it up on the ftp site. (If that's in the next couple
weeks, please send a compiled module to sword-modules, since I won't
have time to actually do the importing myself for a while.)

Luke Plant wrote:
> One thing I have noticed, and I think it is a bug with osis2mod -- where
> a line starts with whitespace, all the leading whitespace is removed,
> which means that if the line before didn't end with whitespace, two
> words now get joined together.  For an example, search for "eloquent by
> nature, but when" in calvinscommentaries.versified.osis, and see the
> corresponding words in Gen 3:1, where you will find "whenSatan".  This
> occurs quite a lot, it would be good to get it fixed before releasing
> the module to the public.

Stripping extraneous whitespace before/after a line is correct behavior.
  It should re-insert a newline after each line, also. There might be
some bugs in the render filters. I'll take a look at the filters when I
get some time, but in general we do want to strip unnecessary characters.

--Chris