[sword-devel] FAQ

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Tue Jun 12 09:34:10 MST 2007

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> I think it's important to update the documentation in many places. Where
> do people find our contact info? The most important could be the BibleCS
> help files. They are a bit old.

After I did the help files for BibleCS I became involved with other
things and priorities changed. I have wanted to see them updated but
never got to it. Not long ago when some undocumented search features
were being discussed I thought about the possibility of doing that and
perhaps changing the format of the help files so I posted a messages
asking for input. The response was that BibleCS needs to be replaced and
no one seemed interested in improving it.

Anyway, if all you want to do is edit the section with the contact info,
it is an easy job. You can decompile the chm file by using the no cost
HTML Help  Workshop at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/hwMicrosoftHTMLHelpDownloads.asp

There are other programs you could use if you don't like that one.

The page you want edited is faqh.html. After editing it you can
recompile the chm file with the Workshop.

It may be good to split that page and create a contact page. That is a
bit more work. You need to add the new html file or files and redo the
contents.hhc and swordhelp.hhk files. Not that hard, but you need to
watch out for broken entries for the old page.

Jerry