[sword-devel] publishing user-authored modules

Adrian Korten adrian_korten at sil.org
Tue Aug 7 00:58:41 MST 2007

Good day,

I think that this is a good idea. However, I'm not sure how easy it is
or how the author would prepare a work, using the front-ends available,
to be shared with others. For the two fronts that I am a little familiar
with, Sword CS and BibleTime, a user can generate a personal commentary.
But can they generate multiple personal modules? How does a basic user
prepare these modules without some help from someone who knows Sword a
little better? I don't like the idea of instructing a user how to
prepare a marked up file with a text editor. There is interest in this
in Thailand but we are still stuck with lack of utf-8 capability in the
personal editor.

I don't want to stop anyone from going in this direction but don't see
the starting point clearly yet. Tell me what I've missed, please.

ak