[sword-devel] ESV TESTERS PLEASE READ

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri May 5 16:54:09 MST 2006

Lynn,
	Request for clarification is always a good thing.

> Is the test to be whether the contents of the ESV are correct? Are we
> looking for typos, mispellllinggss, unsync'ed notes, verses out of
> order, etc.?

You are testing for fine thing.  Both footnote and duplicate header
types of things are exactly correct, but see below:

> Does the duplicated headers not qualify and should not be reported, for
> example? (COM-9)

Did you try to see if they are duplicated on swordweb?

http://crosswire.org/study/passagestudy.jsp?mod=ESV

If not, please try.  If the verse on which you see an error in BibleCS
displays fine at the link above, then please do not report the problem.

> How about the erratic "hover" notes? (MOD-36)

same as above.  If a note doesn't work in BibleCS, try to find that
exact same note at the link above.  If it works at the link above, then
please do not report the bug.

> Also, not meaning to be uncooperative, but I don't think I can close or
> cleanup any bugs ... that is "above my pay grade". (If it would help,
> you can temporarily grant privilege for me to do the cleanup, but this
> bug-reporter pre-newbie is not advocating that.)

If you have reported a bug which fails the aformentioned algorithm
above, please close your own bug.  You should have permission to close
your own bug (I would think, but I could be wrong).

> Is there an ETA on a sword.exe release candidate with the latest SVN
> (1911 head)?

No.  If I give a date, I will miss it.  Though, I finished my last paper
for this semester last night (early this morning), so it's looking good
that it will be soon.

> I have encountered a problem with a pending release of LcdBible that
> uses the 1911 head (noted in an earlier email). Should that be reported?

I'm sorry, I don't remember your email.  Did you have a response from
anyone?  If not, please ask again.  As I try to compile BibleCS on
Windows soon, I might run into your issue, so it may be moot.

> Thanks for all you have done to help with making the ESV available. To
> me, you epitomize the concept of servant-leadership.

Thanks for your persistence-- never giving up. :)

	-Troy.