[sword-devel] ESV TESTERS PLEASE READ

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Fri May 5 16:07:36 MST 2006

A clarification please:

Hopefully, this won't come across as a snide comment, but what exactly
are we testing for?  I'm confused.

Is the test to be whether the contents of the ESV are correct? Are we
looking for typos, mispellllinggss, unsync'ed notes, verses out of
order, etc.?

Does the duplicated headers not qualify and should not be reported,
for example? (COM-9)

How about the erratic "hover" notes? (MOD-36)

Also, not meaning to be uncooperative, but I don't think I can close
or cleanup any bugs ... that is "above my pay grade". (If it would
help, you can temporarily grant privilege for me to do the cleanup,
but this bug-reporter pre-newbie is not advocating that.)

Is there an ETA on a sword.exe release candidate with the latest SVN
(1911 head)?

I have encountered a problem with a pending release of LcdBible that
uses the 1911 head (noted in an earlier email). Should that be
reported?

Thanks for all you have done to help with making the ESV available. To
me, you epitomize the concept of servant-leadership.