[sword-devel] To-dos

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Jan 6 00:42:32 MST 2006

I can do the Tischendorf text, but I would like some info on the format
your code (esp. the web front end) expects. Ulrik's documents include
Unicode & Beta encoded versions of each word along with its Robinson
morph code, Strong's number, and lemma forms from both Strong's
Dictionary and ANLEX.

Do you want the lemmas to be preserved? If so, how should they be
encoded for your Perseus look-ups to work? (In Beta, I assume, but what
should the OSIS attributes look like?)

For example, taking word one of Mt 1.1, the data is:
MT 1:1.1 *BI/BLOS N-NSF 976 BI/BLOS ! BI/BLOS
MT 1:1.1 Βίβλος N-NSF 976 βίβλος ! βίβλος

I would probably encode this in a manner like this:
<w lemma="Strong:976" morph="Robinson:N-NSF" xlit="ANLEX:BI/BLOS
Strong:BI/BLOS">Βίβλος</w>

(In a few cases, the two transliterations do differ.)

--Chris