[sword-devel] proposal for changes in locale system

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:01:03 +0100

Just to let you know: Troy and I talked about it in the chat. We'll go for
option 4 for now, so that UTF-8 locales can be added after I verified that
UTF-8 will work with Sword internally. Existing locales will remain, and all
will get an encoding line. At some point in future we might use only
UTF-8.... This way older apps won't break.

I'll give it a try, if somebody wants to help, just speak up.

mg