[sword-devel] Thayer's Greek Lexicon - thayer.zip

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 11:14:35 +0600 (YEKST)

On 06-Sep-2003 Simon wrote:
>> I am interested in developing a tool which would allow a search of the
>> Greek NT or OT using the native Greek words rather than by cross linking

Diatheke already can do this.

>> by Strong's number.  I have started trying to make a Greek analysis tool
>> to be able to identify all forms of the Greek words in the text.
Download from CVS:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:cvs@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/clean-bible \
   co ntvariants1
(or probably should be -d:pserver:anonymous@..., I don't remember). source
of my application which already has Robinson codes analizator (it uses it
to highlight grammar agreement). Isn't it what you need?

Well, in CVS there are no big files BYZPRSD.ZIP and WHN27PRS.ZIP (download
from http://www.byztxt.com) and robinson.imp, strgrk.imp, thayer.imp
(produce by mod2imp utility from Sword modules).

This unfinished but working GTK2 app (tested on Linux, Windows port
ongoing) displays some different variants of splitting New Testament into
words (as it was written without spaces and accents originally).

>> 3)  Has there been any previous work in trying to develop a Greek or
>> Hebrew grammer analysis tool?

See above.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)