[sword-devel] Re: Some questions re: a locked module (parsing/removing embedded tags without sword-api)

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:18:05 -0700

>> Sure will make life a lot less painful, I guarantee, as I've been
>> sitting here trying to write a parsing routiine to get rid of the
>> e-Sword-specific formatting codes in that humongous 64MB Access file.

As an alternative to the thorough, but not-for-the-faint-hearted parsing
that the Sword-Api is capable of, I am aware of a 77 line C routine that
seems to remove 99.44% of the non-standard tags that are embedded in rawtext
and ztext Bible modules. (Note, I haven't used it on commentaries,
dictionaries, etc.)

void RemoveMostTagsAndExtraWhiteSpace(char* buf)

If the author of the routine is willing to waive copyright, and you think it
might be worth looking at, I can make it available at:
http://inverse.sourceforge.net/prototypes

my 2 alt-155