[sword-devel] Progress on windows CE interface

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 04:53:07 -0700

Hey Guys!
	I'm really looking forward to seeing the CE app.  Just a few comments
that might help.

	If you are using the default SWMgr constructor then there is a fairly
useful algorthim implemented for finding books.  You can read about
these in the INSTALL doc in the root of the source tree, but in short,
this is one way to take advantage of this, and is what we use on the
Zaurus handheld:

We install a file at /etc/sword.conf which contains:

[Install]
DataPath=/usr/share/sword
AugmentPath=/mnt/card/usr/share/sword
AugmentPath=/mnt/cf/usr/share/sword

This tells the sword engine to look for it's base modules in
/usr/share/sword, and also search the SD memory and CF memory slots for
books (they are located at the paths seen above)

Obviously these path can be changed, the concept is useful.  This allows
searching of any inserted memory chip for books.  It also allows me to
keep a small set of default books installed in ram.

Hope this is useful.

	-Troy.