[sword-devel] HELP WANTED -- OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE

Jason Tesser sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:16:29 -0600

HI,

<snip>

> I am not at all an expert but I recall having seen that most environments
> are language dependent. So what is a valid command in Enlish may not be a
> valid command in the Dutch version.

I would suggest using Python.  It is platform independant and can be made into a
windows executable and if necessary can be run on Mac or Linux.  You would
have to be careful as to which GUI library you used though.  I would use tkinter
for this project or WxWindows as both can run on all 3 major platforms.

> I know that macro maintenance is a parttime job for our system
> administrator. (And our company is under 80 persons and higly technical.)

Macros are not the way to go here.

> In the end they may be better served with a solution that works regardless
> of the local language of their OS and such.

Like I said Python.

> But I am only parttime windows users (only during some business hours) and
> there may be ways to get macro's to work in real life.

The box said install win 98 or better so I installed Linux :-)

Grace,
Jason Tesser
Web/Multimedia Programmer
Northland Baptist Bible College