[sword-devel] MOD2OSIS.EXE - FAQ?

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:48:49 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Martin Gruner wrote:

> thanks for you kind response. Could you tell us a little more about your
> project (many here can't read german websites)? What are your aims, and how
> do you want to reach them technically? I am not an OSIS expert, but others in
> here are. Maybe we can join forces somehow?
>
> I appreciate your motivation and your willingness to use OpenSource to spread
> the bible.

Just had a short look at the site (not lynx friendly) and had some
questions about your markup definitions.

Most notaby how do you (read: Wolfgang)  handle apocive books? It seems
you can only assign a book number to the tag.

Unfortunatly I could not follow the link to the exact specification
(turned up a 404) to have a more thorough look.

Then again: I have not looked into the OSIS specification to see how
flexible it is so it is hard to compare. But you seem to have dropped down
to an absoluut minimum which is only fitted for canonical bibles and
nothing beyond that.

Will have to look into the issues in a bit more detail later this week.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.