[sword-devel] release schedule

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:13:35 -0700

> rather than tarring up the whole cvs tree. This way the tar.gz file only takes
> about 500K rather than 4M. It will only include stuff that needs to be
> packaged up for release. Please try it out and report any errors in the make
> process here.

You mean "stuff that needs to be packaged up for release" for Bibletime :)

Everything that was in the 1.5.5. package is part of the sword release.
Having said that, we still would like to split out BibleCS into it's own
package.  Doc's (which take up 5 megs in 1.5.5) should also be split out
into their own package.

We never "tarr[ed] up the whole cvs tree."  A release process involved
tagging the cvs branch and exporting the project, then running a script
(under scripts/) that did a few preliminary things then tarred the
tagged export up.  I appreciate the work on make dist, but I'm not
really sure WHAT would ever be excluded from a distro but that was in
CVS.  Again, just to reiterate, I'm not looking for a list of what needs
to be cleaned up in CVS.