[sword-devel] release schedule

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:18:24 -0000

On 6 Mar 2003 at 14:13, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> > rather than tarring up the whole cvs tree. This way the tar.gz file only takes
> > about 500K rather than 4M. It will only include stuff that needs to be
> > packaged up for release. Please try it out and report any errors in the make
> > process here.
>
> You mean "stuff that needs to be packaged up for release" for Bibletime :)

more like stuff that needs packaged up for the release of the
_library_. :) (though we probably did miss stuff)

> Everything that was in the 1.5.5. package is part of the sword release.
> Having said that, we still would like to split out BibleCS into it's own
> package.  Doc's (which take up 5 megs in 1.5.5) should also be split out
> into their own package.

which they are now since they are in separate cvs.

> We never "tarr[ed] up the whole cvs tree."  A release process involved
> tagging the cvs branch and exporting the project, then running a script
> (under scripts/) that did a few preliminary things then tarred the
> tagged export up.

ok, sorry, I didn't get that.

> I appreciate the work on make dist, but I'm not
> really sure WHAT would ever be excluded from a distro but that was in
> CVS.

3 words, windows frontend sources ;) (like you say, like the docs
they should be in a separate package) - for now, while it is still in
sword cvs, packaging apps/windoze separately would do the job.

Daniel