[sword-devel] Verse parsing

Dan Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:36:08 -0700

I didn't realize that the BibleCS parser could handle a verse name such as
John 1.1 is this true?

Also, Earlier there was posted a link to a newer testing version of BibleCS,
could someone repost that link?

Dan Adams

-----Original Message-----
From: sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org
[mailto:sword-devel-admin@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Troy A. Griffitts
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 1:18 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Verse parsing

Joachim and Martin,
	I spent some time trying to track down the German verse parsing
error today and have some information for you.

	To handle the "1. Book" syntax, the parser decides if it has a book
name yet.  It is does not, it strips the '.' and continues parsing. This
leaves the book name as "1 Book".  The German locale does not have entries
that resolve for this.  Maybe you have an argument that the parser shouldn't
strip the '.', but we are doing it now to conform to OSIS, which reserves
the '.' for a BOOK, CHAPTER, VERSE separator (e.g. osisRef syntax for 1 John
1:1 is '1Jn.1.1').  So, for now, could we just get the German locale updated
with entries for books without the '.'? The user will still be able to enter
'1. Johan', but the locale must be able to match '1 Johan'.  Let me know if
this wasn't clear to you and I can explain further.

	Thanks for all your great work!  Looking forward to a release soon!

		-Troy.

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
 > Troy,
 > I added some tests. Have a look at verseparsing.sh to see the keys,
because
 > missing lines are a bit confusing wirth runtest.sh.
 > getRangeText doesn't work and can't be put into verseparsing.sh.  >  >
Thank you!  > Joachim  >  >  >>Joachim,
 >>	Could you add a bunch of test cases to
tests/testsuite/verseparsing.sh
 >>that represent failures, so I might be sure to catch all the problems.
>>Thanks for your testing!  >>
 >>	-Troy.
 >>
 >>Joachim Ansorg wrote:
 >>
 >>>Troy, thank you for working on parsing and on a testsuite.  >>>  >>>I'm
sorry to tell you that parsing is not yet working.  >>>Try something like