[sword-devel] Re: [sword-devel]Squeak Sword UI

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:40:06 +0500

> Thus spake "porton@narod.ru"> :
>
> > Why we don't use a database library (db1/db2/db3, are to bloated and so I
> > think not acceptable), but there are also several other similar formats? I
> > recommend to switch to such a database in a future version of Sword instead of
> > our own messed code, which is now.
>
> For my own purposes (mainly a greek tutoring program) I have used sqlite.
> This is a file-based SQL database, is very fast, very lightweight, VERY easy
> to use (there are only three or four calls required) and for my taste works
> fine. It has modules for just about any language you care to name. It is in
> the public domain.

I'm about _simple_ databases with C API, not complex things like SQL.

I currently use freecdb (CDB is "contant database") in GTK Bible Variants. However this format is not editable.
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)