[sword-devel] Re: [sword-devel]Squeak Sword UI

Patrick Narkinsky sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:14:56 -0500

Thus spake "porton@narod.ru"> :

> Why we don't use a database library (db1/db2/db3, are to bloated and so I
> think not acceptable), but there are also several other similar formats? I
> recommend to switch to such a database in a future version of Sword instead of
> our own messed code, which is now.

For my own purposes (mainly a greek tutoring program) I have used sqlite.
This is a file-based SQL database, is very fast, very lightweight, VERY easy
to use (there are only three or four calls required) and for my taste works
fine. It has modules for just about any language you care to name. It is in
the public domain.

http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/

Patrick

--
Patrick Narkinsky - Apprentice Pastor, Hope Community Church

"I would rather feel contrition than know how to define it."

- Thomas a Kempis