[sword-devel] OSIS importer & sample docs available

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:49:30 -0700 (MST)

I added an importer for OSIS format documents (as well as ThML) to CVS
(also available as a Win32 binary at
http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/win32/xml2gbs.exe ).  If
one of you Linux-types who has the know-how and can do CVS writes would
like to, please add xml2gbs to the utilities directory Makefiles.

It is still very rough, so please let me know if you find bugs or
something operates in a manner other than expected.

I also added two books that it processed to the beta area: Summa
Theologica (SummaTheologica) and the Douay-Rheims Bible, Challoner
Revision (DRCgb).  They're both formatted as GenBooks, despite the latter
being a Bible--but as a bonus it does include the deuterocanonicals.
They've got thousands of entries each, so be patient as they load if
you're using BibleCS.  And since there are no OSIS filters yet, they just
display OSIS markup tags rather than converting them to RTF equivalents or
anything pretty.

--Chris