[sword-devel] another thing to do

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:50:04 +0100

>really could do with is a CppUnit (cppunit.sourceforge.net/) unit
>test suite for the library rather than just random utilities.

I don't know CppUnit, but I second the notion of unit tests. Recently,
I started using a test-driven approach for developing perl modules --
I first think of what I want, then I write the tests (using
Test::More), and then I write the code. It really helps me to write
more stable code and forces me to change some of my sub-optimal
working habits.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"A man who gives in to temptation after five minutes simply does not
know what it would have been like an hour later. That is why bad
people, in one sense, know very little about badness. They have lived
a sheltered life by always giving in."  -- C.S. Lewis