[sword-devel] kjv2003: two splits needed?

Keith Ralston sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:10:32 -0600

> But how?
hO tags "who" and "am".  I have been tagging implied verbs with their
subjects.  KAI tags "also".

I had placed the question of implied verbs to the group.  No one responded.
In each of these cases, I am comfortable with my method for handling the
tags.  I am looking for consensus in order that we might have consistency.

> We must remember we are talkign about giving a tool for English reader
> to connect Greek/English words. Make it simple. Only rarely we have to
> take up a stand about syntax.

Myself and many others interested in the project use it for research.  I
want it tagged correctly.  The approach taken by the KJV interpreters is
clear.  They treated the article as a pronoun.  However, it the consensus is
to tag no articles, I will comply.

> Meddling with semantics would be for experts only.

You keep referring to experts.  What is your criteria for an expert?