[sword-devel] Beta S and personal commentary

Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:43:02 -0700

Bill Crossley wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Thank you.  I can now save personal commentary entries under windows 98.  I have noticed some other bugs that seem new to beta S.  They are:
>
> 1. Sword crashes intermittently when trying to exit after saving / modifying a personal commentary entry.  At one point, it crashed on saving an entry, but the updated entry was still saved.
>
> 2.  Quotation marks appear incorrectly when viewing the WEB bible text module.  They appear as bold '|' characters or something.  This is also true in footnotes with the same module.  Quotation marks appear fine in commentary windows, including the personal one.
>
> Let me know if you need further details.
>
> Also, pardon my newbie-ness, but what tools do you use to build Sword for Windows?  If I can get ahold of them and the source, I may be able to help with some of this debugging.

You need Borland's C++Builder at least version 5.  I think we should
compile on the free/almost-free personal edition, but I use the
profesional edition.  You DON'T need the enterprise edition.  Can anyone
confirm that the personal version does indeed work?  I think it is like
$69 bucks from Borland, and from your school bookstore it's either free
or like $30 bucks.

We'd so LOVE the help!!!