[sword-devel] Hello!

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:27:03 -0500

Hey dude,
Glad to see that you want to help out!  As of right now, I am not sure if
there is a VB windows frontend yet or not, be sure to check the CVS...

I haven't been able to get into newsgroups either, but most of the stuff
that goes on is done through the email-news group...

For the IRC chat, there is no real specific time that we meet, just check in
whenever you want.

Talk to Troy or maybe David Trotz about helping out in a specific part of
the project...

-Dave Overcash

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Driver, David
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 2:25 PM
To: 'sword-devel@crosswire.org'
Subject: [sword-devel] Hello!

My name is David Driver, I just joined the Developer's group. I downloaded
some alpha/beta versions of the text modules and I was wondering if there is
any reason that they don't install (other than being Betas)? I unzip the
files and run the install, the program launches but just sits there. Also do
you guys have set times/days that you are in the IRC channel? And finally I
couldn't connect to any of the news groups listed on the developer's page,
the error said "411 No such group crosswire.software.sword.modules " or
similar for each channel that I tried.

I am glad that I ran across a reference to your project, I was about to
start a similar project using xml/msxml for study of The Word, and I am
willing to help where ever I can. I primarily program VB for SQL server, I
have messed a little with xml/xslt but I am willing to learn what ever is
needed to be of help.