[sword-devel] Unicode - was 1.52 & a request

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 21:34:11 +1000

"Don A. Elbourne Jr." wrote:

> Paul Gear wrote:
> > A bit scary that something so long established as Hebrew would
> > not even have a
> > full set of diacritical marks in Unicode, eh?  I wonder what
> > others do for BHS?
>
> BibleWorks and Logos both use their own TrueType fonts.

Rick Brannan has told me in the past that Logos _already_ use Unicode
internally.  The fonts are not really the issue - i'm just curious as to how
they could do so when some characters are apparently missing.  Which ones are
they, Harry?

> The next version of
> Logos will be shifting to Unicode, but I don't know what their plans are for
> the moment considering the holes in Unicode Hebrew support.

Well, we know how good Titus' fonts are at present.  Love those ugly fonts and
square boxes for accents!  :-]

Paul
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear