[sword-devel] broken ant script in jsword

Mike Dougherty sword-devel@crosswire.org
24 Dec 2001 20:54:08 -0800

On Mon, 2001-12-24 at 11:11, Bobby Nations wrote:
> All,
>
> I just did a fresh checkout of the jsword project, and now it won't
> build.  It gets hung up when compiling the sword.DisplayConf class with
> the following output.
>
> compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 21 source files to
> D:\home\bobby\sandbox\jsword\btree
>     [javac] D:\home\bobby\sandbox\jsword\src\sword\DisplayConf.java:25:
> cannot r
> esolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable sections
>     [javac] location: class org.crosswire.sword.mgr.SWConfig
>     [javac]           HashMapIterator section =
> (HashMapIterator)conf.config.sec
> tions.start();
>
> [javac]
> ^
>     [javac] 1 error
>
> Any one have a clue what's going on here?  I've taken a stroll through
> the SWConfig.java file, and there's no mention of a member variable
> called 'sections'.
>
> I'm confused because this used to compile correctly.  At least it did
> when I first created the build.xml file for ant.  Does anyone have any
> idea about what might have changed (and how to undo that change)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bobby

Sorry, I'm a dunce! I just re-read the message and realized what the
problem really is. The new code is checked into CVS (at least part of
it). But the DisplayConf hasn't been rewritten yet and it (obviously)
needs it.

I didn't even look at it before, but it appears as though this is the
code I should be using to unit test my changes to SWConfig. Give me a
day or two and I'll get it straightened out.

Again, sorry about the trouble. I told Troy, give me half a chance and
I'll start breaking stuff...

/mike

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth,
 and one convert him;
 	James 5:19