[sword-devel] broken ant script in jsword

Mike Dougherty sword-devel@crosswire.org
24 Dec 2001 20:29:26 -0800

On Mon, 2001-12-24 at 11:11, Bobby Nations wrote:
> All,
>
> I just did a fresh checkout of the jsword project, and now it won't
> build.  It gets hung up when compiling the sword.DisplayConf class with
> the following output.
>
> compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 21 source files to
> D:\home\bobby\sandbox\jsword\btree
>     [javac] D:\home\bobby\sandbox\jsword\src\sword\DisplayConf.java:25:
> cannot r
> esolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable sections
>     [javac] location: class org.crosswire.sword.mgr.SWConfig
>     [javac]           HashMapIterator section =
> (HashMapIterator)conf.config.sec
> tions.start();
>
> [javac]
> ^
>     [javac] 1 error
>
> Any one have a clue what's going on here?  I've taken a stroll through
> the SWConfig.java file, and there's no mention of a member variable
> called 'sections'.
>
> I'm confused because this used to compile correctly.  At least it did
> when I first created the build.xml file for ant.  Does anyone have any
> idea about what might have changed (and how to undo that change)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bobby

line 35 in the original file had the following declaration:

public Map sections = new HashMap();

Which were both imported from the JGL package:

import com.objectspace.jgl.Map;
import com.objectspace.jgl.HashMap;

But that's all in in the old file. I gave Troy some new code, but I'm
not sure where we are in the migration process. So the best thing I can
recommend right now is just to comment out the broken parts so it will
compile. After Christmas Troy and I can make sure the right code is
checked into CVS.

Sorry about the hassle,
/mike

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for
 the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
 	James 5:8