[sword-devel] 1.4.7 install on alpha page

Sun, 28 May 2000 15:53:22 -0700

Well,
    I think we're about done.

    We needed a new self-extracting packager that would run our setup
program.  We have a new utility program we've dubbed: xtarra that will
take a tar.gz file and make it an executable self-extractor and
optionally store a command for execution after
decompression/extraction.  We've packaged the new 1.4.7 sword install
with it and it is up on the alpha site for testing.

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword-win32-1.4.7.exe

    One feature that needs to still be implemented:  WE NEED TO CLEANUP
THE TEMP FILES.  Anyone have a good subroutine for deleting an entire
folder and all its contents/subfolders in WIN32?

You can try xtarra out for your own purposes.  It installs itself as the
stub of the .tar.gz file, so you should be able to run:
sword-win32-1.4.7.exe -help
and use this program to create your own self-extracting executables.
The command we use for a new sword install is:

xtarra.exe sword.tar.gz sword-win32-1.4.7.exe "Disk
Images/Disk1/setup.exe"

If the install works correctly (and as soon as we add temp file
cleanup), I think we're ready to ship!

    -Troy.